Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Playing with the Camera at a Local Landmark

Yesterday I took my new camera to a local landmark to test its interior capacities, something my older one fell down on. I also pushed it a step further by trying the ISO mode that allows me to take pictures without the flash. Maybe its no big deal for those of you used to this luxury, but its a whole new ball game for me.

Without any attempt at centering or keeping myself or the front desk from being reflected I took a picture of a display case sans flash and it worked!


Then I did the flash/no flash thing in a portion of the lobby. Hmm..flash doesn't look so good.



This is a closer view of the wood mural in the background. I couldn't seem to get away from the overhead lights reflecting on it.


Then I went around clicking pix every whichaway and totally disregarded keeping my elbows in close to body to stabilize the camera, so certain was I of omnipotence. Besides, how could I take an overhead shot in the proper photo taking stance? Well, maybe if I laid on the floor...so not happening.


Anyway, that was a bit of a mistake. On the LCD display everything looked wonderful, but on the computer things got a bit less refined here and there. It really wouldn't have hurt to get a bit closer to certain accessible areas either rather than using the zoom. And somehow I even ended up with an image that appears to be a black & white photo (???).


So even though I have more pictures of the landmark, I'm going to go back and try to improve on them, and maybe focus a bit better - my brain, that is. The camera will follow.

No comments: